Any amateur or professional cyclist can participate! If you own a bike, this event is for you.
- Riders must be 16+ to ride in the 75-mile or 45-mile events.
- Riders must be 14+ to ride in the 25-mile event. NOTE: If a rider is 14 or 15, they must ride with a parent or approved guardian over 18 (the guardian can register for 50% off).
- Riders must be 11+ to ride in the Family Ride.
- Riders must be 3 to 10 to ride in the Kids Ride.
L’Étape Las Vegas takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada just off the strip! All routes will be taking off from Downtown Summerlin and heading west on completely closed roads and into the scenic Red Rock Canyon, with more than +6,000 ft of elevation. There’s a distance for all types of cyclist—from ambitious riders to cycling enthusiasts to first-time racers!
L'Étape Las Vegas takes place on May 6th and May 7th, 2023. Packet pick-up will be held on May 6th so make sure to include that in your travel plans. The 75-mile, 45-mile, 25-mile, and Family Ride will take place on Sunday May 7th, starting at 7:00 a.m. The Kids Race will take place on May 6th.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AS A RIDER?
L’Étape Las Vegas is your chance to ride like you’re in the Tour de France. Race on a closed course designed by Tour de France experts that heads into picturesque Red Rock Canyon and scenic loop drive, compete against thousands of cyclists from across the country for the Yellow Jersey. Choose your distance, train, and get ready for an experience of a lifetime.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION?
- Entry into race
- Rider Registration Pack including bike plate, race stickers, and race number
- Closed roads
- Tour de France professional race conditions
- Official L’Étape Las Vegas t-shirt (Class Spéciale Riders will get a special edition Santini race kit)
- Professional timing of your ride and Queen of the Mountain (QOM)/King of the Mountain (KOM) section timing
- Mechanical support in the village and on the racecourse
- Medical assistance in the village and on the racecourse
- Next Level Food Zones and Drink/Energy Zones at key locations on the course
- Meal at the finish
- Finisher medal, Finisher shirt, Bag, Bottle and Buff
- Access to meet and mingle with a Tour de France champion
WHAT DISTANCE SHOULD I DO?
Race it: The 75-mile distance is the longest and most challenging distance in L’Étape Las Vegas. This is for the seasoned cyclists or someone looking for a real challenge. In this distance, you’ll be competing for the iconic Yellow Jersey.
Ride it: The 45-mile distance is our ride. This is for the cycling enthusiast who is ready to push hard and get some good competition in.
Try it: The 25-mile distance is for the casual cyclist. You’re just getting into cycling or you’ve taken a little break from the training. Get back in the saddle and see what you can do.
VIP it: Make it a VIP experience with our Classe Spéciale registration option. Learn more about Classe Spéciale here.
Families and Kids: The Family Ride (10 Miles) is for any cyclist on any bike. This 10-mile course is designed for the whole family. The Kids Race is for the littles ones to get their first taste of what it’s like on a bike.
See the routes HERE.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RACE-WEEKEND?
Before the race
- Race venue: The start of the race is at The Ballpark and the finish is at Downtown Summerlin. Downtown Summerlin is where you will pick up your race packet and where the event expo will be held.
- Arrange your stay: Check here for official hotels and packages for your stay in Las Vegas.
- Packet pick-up: Packet pick-up will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2022. Make sure to arrive on Saturday if you are traveling for the event. The person registered must be the one to pick up the race packet. In your race package, you’ll get your bike plate number, frame number, sponsor swag, and cable ties and pins.
- Race day arrival: The race will begin at 7:00 a.m. and participants will be released in waves. The first wave will depart at 7:00 a.m. and subsequent waves will be released in quick succession after the first wave. Arrive at the event venue at least half an hour before race start time (7:00 a.m.). We will provide parking or travel information prior to the event to help you plan your weekend. (Your starting wave will be determined by the speed you provide us at sign up so make sure that is as accurate as possible).
- Bring: On race day, make sure to bring a helmet, photo id, water bottle, additional food or sports nutrition, sunscreen, sunglasses, spare clothing, flat repair kit and your phone charger.
During the race
- On-course nutrition and water: There will be on course Rest and Water Stops throughout the route. The positioning of these stations will be released closer to the event date. Stops will have hydration and nutrition options.
- On-course mechanical support: Stationary and roaming mechanical support will be available for all riders.
- On-course medical support: There will be stationary and roaming medical support throughout the event.
- KOM/QOM and Sprint sections: The fastest individual male and female riders in each age category over the timed climb section will be awarded the polka-dot jersey. And, the fastest male and female riders in each age category through the timed sprint section will be awarded the green jersey.
After the race
- Medal: All participants will take home a custom L’Étape Las Vegas finisher medal.
- Meal: All participants will be able to take part in post-race food to celebrate your huge accomplishment.
- Awards: Awards will be held to present overall winners with the iconic Yellow Jersey. The Polka-Dot Jersey and the Green Jersey will also be presented to category winners. The top three in each age group will all receive awards.
- Times: All times will be posted online during and after the race so you can see how you perfromed.
- Photos: Photos will be available in the week after the race so you can commemorate your accomplishment.
WHEN WILL DETAILED INFORMATION BE AVAILABLE?
We will release our 2023 Rider Guide one month before the event on April 6, 2023. This will have EVERYTHING you need to know about the event, including important information like:
- Packet pick up times and locations
- Maps and parking
- Event schedules
- Start line details
- Sponsor details
- And more!
Check back on our website and social media channels to keep up to date on the latest information.
Buy 2023 Santini Merchandise Now
Click here for 2023 Merchandise